At the end of the war, the bakery, mill and all the machinery had been mined and blown up: the Fabbri family moved the Pastificio to no. 6-7 in Piazza Emilio Landi, right next to the ancient headquarters (no. 1-2-3-4).

On 11 September 1949, Lionello Fabbri died, the second son of the founder Giovanni: the Pastificio became the exclusive property of his brother Livio. The mill, bakery and grocery store were given to his wife (Dani Dina, maiden name Ceccanti) and the deceased’s two daughters, Rita and Giovanna. In the end, the mill was closed in the same year 1949. The Pastificio focused all its activity on the production of pasta, helped by its four employees: Carlo, Narciso, Berlindo and Giovanna, the last woman to arrive and the first woman ever hired, shortly before the end of the war.

Owner of the Pastificio in 1946:

Livio Fabbri (son of Giovanni, the company founder) accompanied by his son Renzo

Hourly wage of the Pasta-maker in 1946:

12.18 lire for women / 17.40 lire for men

Pastificio monthly payroll from May 1946 to May 1950 (Giovanni Fabbri Museum)

The pasta-makers (1946-1950)

Goli Carlo, son of Pietro, born in Strada on 7 March 1873. Employment end: 31 August 1949.

Parrini Narciso, son of Raffaelo, born in Strada on 29 September 1891. Employment start: 1 October 1921.

Falciani Berlindo, son of Fernando, born in Strada on 12 July 1889. Employment start: 3 April 1924.

Miniati Giovanna, daughter of Federico, born in Greve on 15 March 1925. Employment start: 1 March 1945.


SAA3 2, Monthly Payroll, May 1946-May 1950, Giovanni Fabbri Museum